Whether it's embracing a new year, a changing season, or simply a more confident you! Changing your hair color often symbolizes a fresh start.
Before you start dyeing your O.X bundles, there are some important things to consider. Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of dyeing hair extensions so you can make an informed decision. We're here to guide you through the entire process, along with a few tips to ensure the longevity of your extensions. Let's dive in!
Pros of Dyeing Hair Extensions
- Dyeing your hair bundles is an affordable way to add color without having to commit to permanent dye or bleaching services at a salon.
- Allows you to experiment with bolder colors without the risk of damaging your natural hair.
- Dyed bundles last longer than dyeing your natural hair since they are not as prone to fading from exposure to the sun or other environmental elements.
- Dyeing your extensions adds dimension and texture for a more voluminous look that will last for months!
Cons of Dyeing Hair Extensions
- If the dye is applied incorrectly or not cared for properly after application (i.e., washing it too often), then the color may fade quickly or become patchy over time.
- It can be difficult to remove dye from extensions once it has been applied; this means that you must be very careful when selecting a color and not rush into anything without thinking it through first.
- Many dyes contain harsh chemicals that can damage the bundles if left on for too long; this means you must follow directions carefully when applying any type of dye product.
How To Avoid the Cons of Dyeing Hair Extensions?
We know that the cons might be intimidating enough to hold anyone back from dyeing their hair extensions but don't let them hold you back. Here's a guide to ensure you're using a gentle approach to avoid damaging your bundles.
1. Strand Test
Select a hair color that compliments your skin tone and appears natural, then test a small section before committing to dyeing the rest of your extensions.
This allows you to make any necessary adjustments, if need be. Performing a strand test beforehand can prevent potential color mismatches and help you achieve a more seamless and satisfying final look.
2. Application Time
To achieve the best results when coloring your hair, it's crucial to take your time and avoid rushing through the process. Rushing can often lead to mistakes, uneven color, or missing spots.
Make sure you apply the dye evenly throughout the hair strands, covering each section thoroughly. Apply the dye to both sides of the hair extension and in one direction only, from your desired starting point moving down towards the tip of the hair.
Remember, patience is key when it comes to coloring hair to ensure a flawless and professional-looking result.
3. Post-Dye Maintenance:
After dyeing your hair extensions, it is essential to maintain the color and keep the hair healthy. Here are some key steps to follow for proper maintenance:
-Use hydrating shampoo specifically designed for colored hair to help retain the color then apply a good-quality conditioner to the hair extensions to keep them moisturized and healthy.
-Before styling, let your hair extensions air dry as much as possible. When you need to use any heat tools, make sure you use a heat protection spray beforehand.
By following this guide, you can help maintain the color and longevity of your O.X hair extensions.